Telescopic ladders are of great help for professionals because they are easy to carry. Many people have started using them in homes because these ladders are very compact and can be easily stored. You can tuck them in the cupboard, or you can keep them on your balcony as well. While considering the purchase, many people wish to understand the pros and cons of a product. In this article, we have listed the advantages & disadvantages of the telescopic ladder so that you can understand if you should buy a telescopic ladder or if you should choose an alternative product. Check out the details in the below sections.
Advantages of Telescopic Ladder
Here are some of the advantages of the telescopic ladder. Go ahead and check them out now.
- Portable – The first thing that we love about the telescopic ladder is that they are portable. Once you retract the telescopic ladder, you can carry them anywhere, or you can store them anywhere. These telescopic ladders are so compact that you can carry them in the boot of your hatchback as well. With such portability and compactness, the telescopic ladder scores the maximum points in this department.
- Adjustable Height – The next advantage of the telescopic ladder is that it offers an adjustable height setting. You can extend the rungs that are needed, and you will be done. This makes it very easy for you to use the telescopic ladder in different situations. You need to choose the maximum height while purchasing the telescopic ladder, and that is about it.
- Sturdy – Manufacturers use aluminium alloy for the manufacturing of telescopic ladders. These are usually aviation-grade alloys, and they are very sturdy. You will not notice any flex in the ladder, and at the same time, the ladder would not bend if you are using it as per the maximum load capacity. Another advantage of using aluminium for manufacturing telescopic ladders is that these ladders are lightweight. An individual can lift and carry the telescopic ladder without any help from the second person.
- Reliable Mechanism – The mechanism used in the telescopic ladder is also very reliable. There are no issues with those mechanisms, and the brand also offers a warranty on the ladders. You will never find yourself in a situation where the mechanism has failed while you are climbing the ladder. So, to sum it up, we can say that telescopic ladders are very reliable.
- Safe to Use – The telescopic ladder is also safe to use. They do not flex, and they often come with hooks. You can use them on any flat surface. The telescopic ladder is also loaded with safety features like the anti-pinch retraction to protect you from any injury. In this case, there are no issues with the safety aspect of the telescopic ladder.
Disadvantages of Telescopic Ladder
Telescopic ladders are a great product, but there are some shortcomings of the telescopic ladder as well. We have compiled a list of the disadvantages of the telescopic ladder below.
- Complex – No matter how reliable the telescopic ladders are, the mechanism behind them is still complex. You need to maintain the telescopic ladder regularly, and in case of an issue, you would need an expert to address the issue. So, even with all the advancements in design, the telescopic ladder mechanism remains to be complex.
- Price – The next thing to note here is the price of the telescopic ladder. Since you are getting additional features and since the ladder is loaded with an advanced mechanism, the cost of the telescopic ladder is also a little more when compared to the regular ladders. Most people find it justified to pay this additional cost because of the additional benefits and the portability that they get with a telescopic ladder.
- Not Self Supporting – The last thing to note about the telescopic ladder is that they are not self-supporting. These ladders would need to be reclined against a wall. In such a case, if you plan to use the telescopic ladder for painting the ceiling or cleaning the fan, then you would not be able to use a telescopic ladder for those tasks.
By looking at the advantages & disadvantages of the telescopic ladder, we are sure that you would have understood the value offered by the telescopic ladder. For most of us, the telescopic ladder is sufficient to carry out the regular maintenance task at home, and the telescopic ladder certainly offers an excellent value to professionals. So, if you also think that the telescopic ladder would offer an excellent value for you, then you can go ahead and purchase the best telescopic ladder for yourself.